Veils of Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Veils of Dawn forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poetry competition III

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ya-tebya-liubliu
Merch girl
ya-tebya-liubliu

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Poetry competition III Empty
PostSubject: Poetry competition III   Poetry competition III Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 9:04 am

Hooray, hooray, the new year has started so it’s time for a new poetry competition! Now the last time I didn’t get enough entries so I’m encouraging you people to spread the word (and the love) and get me some entries.

The rules are mainly the same as the previous competitions but with some slight adjustments.

1) It has to be a new poem written especially for this competition. That means it can't be online somewhere else (a blog for instance).

2) You have until the 31st of January to get your poems to me, I don’t care how really, just get them to me in time.

3) Once again I want at least 5 entries or the competition will be cancelled. I keep setting this as a minimum because I like to have a reasonable b
ase for comparison (if I’d only have 2 poems to chose from it wouldn’t be much of a competition, now would it?)

4) I will allow up to 3 entries per person, if you write together with someone else that also counts as an entry.

5) There will be at least one other judge and I maybe a third one, they will not see who wrote which poem to make sure all poems are judged equally.

6) The poems have to be written in english, I know this is an advantage for some but I have to make this rule or it'll be hard to compare the poems to each other.

7) Instead of giving you some words or a theme, this time I’ll give you a title. All poems must carry this title but of course you are free to give it a subtitle and interpret the title whichever way you want. The title: ‘I am not for sale’

8 ) The prize of course! Well, how does a handmade necklace sound? Made by Tessabeads Jewelry

I look forward to reading your poems!

Poetry competition III Prize
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/amandasomervillefans
Kharhaz
Warrior poet
Kharhaz

Male
Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Poetry competition III   Poetry competition III Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 7:59 am

And now we await to see who wins... jocolor
Back to top Go down
ya-tebya-liubliu
Merch girl
ya-tebya-liubliu

Female
Number of posts : 374

PostSubject: Re: Poetry competition III   Poetry competition III Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:47 pm

The results are up right HERE

CONGRATS EM AND JOHN!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/amandasomervillefans
hannah
Band member

Female
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Poetry competition III   Poetry competition III Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 3:22 pm

well done john and emilehh . both really good poems .

xxx .
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nightwish_rox
Kharhaz
Warrior poet
Kharhaz

Male
Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Poetry competition III   Poetry competition III Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:37 am

Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Emily
Admin
Emily

Female
Number of posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: Poetry competition III   Poetry competition III Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:15 am

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/veilsofdawn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poetry competition III   Poetry competition III Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poetry competition III
Page 1 of 1